Trash & Garbage Regulations
- Containers should be at curbside by 6:30 a.m. on pick up day, no more than 12 hours prior to pick up, and must be removed no later than 12 hours after pick up.
- Containers may not be more than 50 pounds; no larger than 50 gallon capacity. Containers must have removable lids and should be marked with the house numbers. Trash in boxes or drums is not permitted. Plastic bags must weight less than 20 pounds each.
- Garbage must be drained and wrapped to delay decomposition.
- No organic yard waste may be placed out for regular trash pick up (see section entitled Yard Waste Regulations).
- Construction or demolition material such as plaster, dirt, concrete, bricks, wood, drywall, fencing, roofing materials, cement blocks, etc. will not be picked up. Proper disposal of these items are the responsibility of the owner.
- Tires, car parts, car batteries, will not be taken.
- Ashes must be cool and put out in plastic bags only (1 bag per week).
- Hazardous materials (oil-based paint cans, etc.) must be saved for a county-wide hazardous materials collection. For further information, call the Montgomery County Household Waste Collection Office at 610-278-3618.
- Rugs and padding must be cut to 4 foot widths, then rolled and tied securely. Each section should weigh less than 20 pounds (limit 1 room per pick-up).
- Needles and syringes should be placed in a sealable plastic container such as a detergent bottle or margarine tub. The sealed container can be placed in your normal household refuse for disposal
- Do not put out medicines, poisons, caustics, explosives, etc.